from wikiHow – The How to Manual That You Can Edit
Solution for a simple easy child custody agreement.
- Remember that the child’s feeling and thoughts are the most important thing; if they are old enough to voice an opinion.
- Act as an adult should and only talk about what concerns the child/children, their well being where they’ll stay etc.
- Have a neutral person or persons present during the negotiations.
- Put every thing in writing. Have everyone present to sign it; both parents and the others as witnesses.
- Make a copy for each party, and extras for your lawyers and for safe keeping in another place.
Things You’ll Need
- A neutral place to meet.
- extra paper for more copies
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Negotiate Child Custody Without Going to Court. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.